Google has constantly endeavored to provide the best user experience for its products. Earlier, Google released the Google Docs Android app that allowed you to create, edit, and share documents from your Android device. Now, further improvements to the app means that you can even insert pictures captured from your mobile device directly into Google Docs from within your Android smartphone or tab. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to capture pictures on your Android and insert them into Google Docs.
How to Capture Pictures on your Android Device and Insert them into Google Docs
1. If you haven’t already downloaded the Google Docs device on your Android, download it now. The links are available at the bottom of the post.
2. Add the Google Docs widget to the Home screen. Learn how to add a widget to the home screen in my post How to Add a Widget or Shortcut to your Android Home Screen.
3. To capture an image, on the Google Docs widget, tap the camera icon, capture the required image and click Save.
3. In the Upload photo to Docs screen, select Send to Web Clipboard and click OK. (You can also edit the image title in the Document title text box.)
4. Open a web browser and login to your Google Docs account. Open the document you want to insert your newly captured image.
5. Click the Web Clipboard icon and select the desired image to paste into your document.
If you still haven’t got Google Docs for Android, here’s your download link.
Tell us what you think of this cool improvement to Google Docs app in the comments section.
You can also check out other interesting posts such as these.