Bullets are are common feature used to display textual content that needs to be shown as list items. The Ribbon contains the usual bullet points that you can add instantly to the document. But, there may be instances where you may not want to use the bullets that are available by default in the Bullets Library. Word 2010 also provides options to create your own custom bullets. In this tutorial, learn how to create a custom bullet in Word 2010.
How to Create a Custom Bullet in Word 2010
1. On the Home tab, in the Font group, click the Bullets drop-down arrow to display the Bullets Library.
2. In the library, select Define New Bullet.
3. The Define New Bullet dialog box is displayed.
4. Create a bullet.
- Click Symbol to use a character for a bullet. The Symbol dialog box is displayed. Select a character and click OK.
- Click Picture to use a picture for a bullet. The Picture Bullet dialog box is displayed. Select a picture and click OK.
5. If necessary, format the symbol bullet by clicking Font to set the color or size of the character.
6. If necessary, align the bullet to the right or the center by selecting options from the Alignment drop-down list.
You can access the newly designed bullet from the Bullets Library.