Excel 2010: How to Split a Worksheet
If you have a large worksheet with tons of data in it and you want to simultaneously view different sections of the worksheet, you can do it in one of two ways: by freezing the rows and columns or by splitting panes. When you split panes, the worksheet area gets divided into two or four sections. You can scroll to different areas in each of the sections while retaining the view in the other sections. In this Excel 2010 tutorial, you will learn how to split a worksheet by using the Split command.
How to Split a Worksheet Using the Split Command
1. Click the cell where you want to split the worksheet.
2. On the View tab, in the Window group, click Split.
1. Hover the mouse pointer over the Split box that is displayed above the vertical scroll bar or to the right of the horizontal scroll bar.
3. Drag the split box to the point where you want to split the worksheet.
How to Remove Split Panes
- On the View tab, in the Window group, click Split.
- Double-click the split bar that separates the panes.
Now that you learned how to split a worksheet in Excel 2010, use it to effectively work with worksheets that contain huge data.