Outlook 2010 is my most preferred email client. In my humble opinion, Outlook 2010 is everything an email client should be; user friendly, great organization capabilities, and reliable. I use Gmail for my personal communications, but often rue the fact that it does not have features that I love in Outlook. Take for instance, the Reading Pane layout which allows me to check my email messages without opening it in a new window. Gmail’ labs now offers you the option of getting the Reading Pane layout view effect to preview Gmail messages. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to get the Reading Pane layout view to preview your Gmail messages.
How to Get the Reading Pane Layout View to Preview Gmail Messages
1. Click the Gear icon at the top-right corner of your Gmail account and choose Labs.
2. Scroll down and in the Preview Pane section, select Enable.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page, select Save Changes.
4. The Split Pane mode toggle button is now added to the Gmail window.
5. Click the toggle button to view the changes in the Reading Pane Layout view.
Have you enabled the preview pane feature in your Gmail account?
Don’t forget to check out our posts on other cool Gmail lab features.