Google has launched a new recommendation engine Google Hotpot to help you rate places and find them later. All you need to do is login with your Gmail credentials and start rating the places you know. With each rating, Google analyses your requirements and provide you with more effective search results in your next search. In this Google Apps tutorial, you will learn how to rate your favorite places using Google Hotpot.
How to Rate Your Favorite Places Using Google Hotpot
1. Login to the Google Hotpot account with your Gmail credentials. The Welcome screen will be displayed.
2. If necessary, enter a different nickname for your public profile and click Start rating.
3. The Google hotpot search page is displayed. Type a search category and press Enter.
4. The search results are displayed in the form of cards with options to rate each search result.
4. You can also save the search for review at a later time or simply dismiss the search by clicking the Not interested button.
5. When you select a rating, the card flips over and lets you write a review. Enter the necessary details and click Publish.
6. The results are stored in the top-left of the screen in the navigation panel.
7. Once you rate 5 places, Google provides you with its recommendations every time you search for places in Google maps, or Google search and you can even check them out on your mobile phone.
You can also add more friends, check out your recommendations on your mobile phone and much more. Check out more Google App tutorials on our site. If you’d like us to write about an app, give us a buzz.