Google’s answer to Facebook Likes is here- with an unpalatable name +1, which apparently in the digital world means “this is pretty cool.” This post shows you how to like content using the Google +1 button. But before we get started, see the promo video.
Check out this video to see what you can do with the +1 button.
If you want to start +1ing content right away here’s what you need to do.
1. Login to your Google Profiles account. From your profile page, select the option to get started with +1.
2. If you don’t see the option, navigate to this site, and login using your Google credentials.
3. Your profile page will have a separate tab called as +1 where you can manage your +1s. You can even change the settings to make it it public or private.
How Does +1 Work?
1. Once you’ve logged in and start searching, you’ll find the +1 button next to the search item.
2. Click it to indicate that you like what the page has to offer. The results that you or your network have +1′d will be displayed prominently along with names of users in your network who have +1′d it. If users outside your network have +1′d it, then only the total +1′s will be displayed.
3. You can also +1 a Google Adword! But if users accidentally click on the ad link instead of the +1 button, it will not count as a paid click. Uff! The benefits to advertisers of course is that they can determine the popularity of their ads.
4. Website owners can also add a +1 button to thier sites in the coming weeks, and can get an instant notification of the same by signing in to Google services.