Once you register for the Google SMS Channel services, you can create a Google SMS Channel to post messages and view other subscription information using your mobile or using the Google web site. In this post, I will explain how to create a Google SMS channel.
How to Create a Google SMS Channel
1. Login to your Gmail account and navigate to http://www.google.co.in/mobile/sms/channels/
2. In the Create new SMS Channel page, in the Name text box, enter a name for the channel you want to create.
3. In the Description text box, enter a description of the channel.
4. From the Category drop-down list, select a category.
5. If necessary, from the Location drop-down list, select a city.
7. From the Delivery Schedule drop-down list, select a time schedule.
8. If necessary, click Preview to preview the channel content in the phone image on the screen.
9. In the Allow publishing by section, select an option to determine who can publish posts.
10. In the Who can subscribe section, select an option to determine who can subscribe to the channel.
11. Click Create channel.
Now that you have created your channel, you can send messages, subscribe to other channels, and do much more. look forward to more articles on what you can do on Google SMS Channels.
Here’s a snapshot of theapptimes channel.
NOTE: This feature is currently available in India.