If you have just moved to a different country or plan to be staying in a different time zone in your country for a certain period of time, you may want to change the time zone settings in your email account to let your clients know the time you are operating from. In this tutorial, I will show you how to change the time zone in Windows Live Hotmail.
How to Change the Time Zone in Windows Live Hotmail
As always, you’ll find most of the customizable options in the Options area. In this procedure, I’ll show you how to change the time zone in Hotmail. Apply the desired options to change the country, if need be.
1. Login to your Hotmail account and in the top-right corner of the screen, click Options.
2. Choose More options.
3. In the Managing Account section, click Account details (password, aliases, time zone).
4. In the Account information section, in the Country/region field, click Change.
5. From the Time zone drop-down list, select the time zone you want.
6. Click Save to confirm the changes.
Of course, you should also remember to change the time zone on your PC. And to change the time zone on your Windows 7 PC, here’s what you need to do.
1. On your task bar, click the time display and in the pop-up, select Change date and time settings.
2. In the Date and Time dialog box, click Change time zone.
3. In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, select the appropriate time zone and click OK.
4. Close all open dialog boxes, if any.
You should now be able to send your Hotmail messages with the correct time stamp.