Hotmail is a useful email application that helps you organize and manage your conversations, contacts, and calendar pretty easily. Hotmail is also ideal for sending out invitations or messages to groups of people, which is ideal when you want to set up and use a mailing list. Just as you can create a mailing list in Outlook 2010, you can also create a mailing list in Hotmail, and in this tutorial, I’m going to show you how to accomplish this.
How to Create a Mailing List in Hotmail
To create a mailing list or a contact group:
1. Login to Hotmail using your credentials.
2. In the left navigation panel, scroll down and select Contacts.
3. In the Contacts page, in the left navigation panel, click Manage Categories.
4. From the top menu, click New.
5. In the New Category page, in the Name field, enter a name for the mailing list you wish to create.
6. In the Members text box, click and start typing a name. As you enter the name, the AutoComplete feature will display the possible names from the Hotmail Address Book. Select the name if it is within the list. Once you have selected or entered all the names, click Save.
You have just created your first email list in Hotmail. You can now send messages to all the recipients simply by composing a new email message and entering the name of the recipients, (in this case it will be the category name that you created in point 5.) in the respective columns.
Remember that, since this is a group message, when you enter the category name in the To or CC column of your email message, the email addresses of all recipients will be visible to the rest of the group. To prevent that, you can enter your name in the To field, and then enter the category name in the BCC field.
Now that you’ve learned to create a mailing list in Hotmail, you can send messages to a number of recipients quickly and effortlessly.