Just as you can create a reminder in Outlook 2010 for appointments, meetings, or messages, you can also create reminders for the popular webmail client Windows Live Hotmail. Unlike Outlook, when you set up a reminder in Hotmail, you can choose to automatically receive a reminder via email, on your mobile phone, or even through Windows Messenger. You can also set multiple reminders for an event. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to create reminders for Hotmail calendar events.
How to Create Reminders for Hotmail Events
1. Login to Hotmail.
2. In the left pane, scroll down to the bottom and select Calendar.
2. In the Calendar view, on the toolbar, click New.
3. In the Add an Event pop up box, in the What text box, type the reminder name.
4. If necessary, in the Where text box, enter a location.
5. In the Start and End text boxes, enter the desired date and time.
6. Click the Add more details link.
7. In the Send Reminder section, set the time when you would like to receive the reminder and click Save.
To ensure that you receive the reminder for your event through the right medium, you can go to Calendar options and confirm your settings.
1. In the Calendar view, on the top right of the screen, click Options.
2. In the Set your reminder time section, click Change how you get reminders.
3. If you see the option to start new reminder service, click it and save the changes.
4. In the Calendar options section, select the option through which you want to receive Hotmail reminders.
5. You can also edit other details such as your primary calendar, first day of the week, and so on.
Now that you’ve set up your Hotmail event reminders, you can relax and focus on the next job at hand.