Have you ever found yourself admiring a font in an image or a logo while browsing the web and wanted to implement it in one of your projects? While there are a large number of resources that allow you to identify fonts on the web pretty quickly, deciphering a font in a picture or an image presents a bit of a problem. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to identify fonts in images, so that you can move on to the task of downloading and implementing them without wasting too much time.
How to Identify Fonts in Images
1. Download and save the image containing the font you want on to your desktop.
2. Navigate to www.whatfontis.com.
3. Click Browse, navigate to the location that contains the image and click Open to upload the image.
4. Select the options for the image you are uploading. For instance, you need to select the correct background option, or choose to display only free fonts, only commercial fonts, or all fonts.
5. Then click Continue.
6. In the next screen, identify the character from the image and highlight it in the adjacent box.
7. Once you have identified all the images, click Continue at the bottom of the screen.
You will get a list of the fonts that closely resemble the font in the image. You also have options to buy or download the fonts.
That’s it. You’ve got your fonts narrowed down pretty quickly and you don’t have to waste any more time searching the internet.
You can also make use of the extensions that are available for Chrome and Firefox browsers to make your task even more easy.
Have you used another tool to identify fonts in images? If so, please share them in the comments section, so others may benefit as well.