Google SMS Channels is a free SMS service provided by Google. Before you get started , learn how to create a Google SMS Channel. In this tutorial, I’ll highlight the benefits of registering for Google SMS Channels and show you how to register for Google SMS channels.
SMS Channels provide four significant services.
1. It allows content publishers to create channels to publish their articles.
2. It enables users to subscribe to the channels to receive updates on content that is published.
3. It allows you to receive information on a wide range of services such as Google News and Google News Technology, and articles from various websites that are registered or partnered with Google and have RSS support.
4. It enables you to create SMS groups.
Currently, this service is available only to users who have an Indian mobile number. Google hopes to internationalize this feature in the coming months.
Before you get started with SMS Channels, you need to register for this service.
How to Register for Google SMS Channels
1. Login to http://labs.google.co.in/smschannels/browse
2. In the yellow section, in the Nickname text box, type the name by which you want to be identified.
3. In the Phone number text box, enter your mobile phone number and click Send verification code.
4. Check the I agree to the terms of service check box.
5. You will receive a verification code on your mobile phone. Enter the code in the Enter verification code text box.
6. Click Finish setup.
You are now ready to subscribe to the channels you want to receive messages from and also create a channel to post messages.