The Amazon Kindle device is one of the best reading devices out there. Apart from the ability to read ebooks, you can also read personal documents that you created on your Windows PC. But how do you transfer those documents from your PC to the Kindle? Well, there’s an app that lets you accomplish this quite easily. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to send documents from the PC to your Kindle device.
You will need to satisfy these minimum system requirements before you get started.
- A PC with a 500MHz Intel or AMD processor or faster
- At least 128MB of RAM
- 100MB of available disk space
- Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7
How to Send Documents from the PC to your Kindle
Before you get started, ensure that you have registered your Kindle device.
1. Download the Send to Kindle App.
2. Run the SendToKindleForPC EXE file and install the app.
3. In the Send to Kindle dialog box, enter your Amazon credentials, click Register and then click Close.
4. Now that the app has been installed on your PC, you can go ahead and start sending documents to your Kindle. To do this, simply right-click a document and click Send to Kindle. Or, from any Windows application that can print, select Print and choose Send to Kindle.
5. Select the delivery option, free Wi-Fi or the paid services of Whispersync.
6. Click Send to have your document automatically converted to the Kindle format, and synced to your Kindle device, supported Kindle reading applications, or your Kindle Library in the Amazon Cloud.
Send to Kindle currently supports the following formats.
- DOC, DOCX
- Image formats such as JPEG, JPG, GIF, BMP and PNG
The Send to Kindle app currently works only on Windows but support for Mac will be coming soon. Meanwhile, take advantage of this neat little tool to simplify your document sending experience.