Widgets are visually attractive, tiny little applications that usually act as a shortcut to a larger application. Widgets can be found on web pages but they are most noticeable on Android smartphones. Widgets provide byte sized pieces of information from specific apps at a glance, so you don’t have to open up the app every time you want to view some information. A perfectly good example is the Weather app. By configuring the weather app, you can instantly see the weather forecast without opening the app. That goes for your sports scores too.
Widgets on the Android phone have come a long way since their inception and its hard to imagine life without them. iPhone and iPad users have never had the privilege of using widgets but that’s about to change in iOS 8. Although the widgets in iOS devices are nothing like their Android counterparts, they are a significant feature inclusion and one that users will instantly come to love. In this post, I take a look how you can use iOS widgets to your advantage in the iPhone 6. Obviously, this works for all devices sporting iOS 8.
iOS widgets can be found in the Notification Center, which is available at the swipe of the top screen. If you want to see widget notifications, you’ll need to first configure them. Before you configure the app, you must remember that not all apps support widgets. You can check out our pick of the best iOS widgets here if you want a handy list to look through. Now lets see how to add widgets in iOS 8.
How to Add iOS Widgets in iPhone 6
1. First, decide what type of widget notifications you want to view at a glance.
2. Ensure that the apps have widget support.
3. If you don’t have the apps on your device, install them.
4. On your iOS device home screen, swipe down to view the Notification Center.
5. Ensure that you are on the Today tab. You will be able to see the Calendar and Stock notifications of the day.
6. Scroll down and tap Edit.
NOTE: If you don’t see an Edit button, you probably have a passcode set on your device. Unlock it and you should be good to proceed further.
7. In the next screen, you will be able to see a list of apps that have widget support.
8. Tap the Green + button next to the widget to add it to the Notification center.
Ads by Google
9. Tap Done (at the top right of the screen.)
Now that you have configured your first widget, go ahead and setup the rest.
Remove Widgets from the Notification Center
1. If you don’t want to see widget notifications from any app, just head back on to the Notification Center and tap Edit.
2. Tap the Red – button next to the widget you want to remove and then tap the Remove button that slides out from the right of the screen.
3. Tap Done.
Rearrange iOS Widgets Notifications
You can organize the widgets in any order that you like. For instance, if you prefer to see the Weather information first and the Stocks last, iOS offers you the flexibility to customize the widgets in a manner that is convenient to you.
1. In the Notification Center, tap Edit.
2. Tap the three horizontal lines to the right of a widget and then drag it to the position you want it to display.
3. Once you have made the necessary changes, click Done.
Now that you know how to add iOS widgets to the Notification Center, go ahead and configure the best apps to view the information that matters to you.