Photography just got a fresh new “definition”. Enter the Nikon D600, the latest digital camera in town primed to delight imaging enthusiasts’ hearts. The D600, which sports Nikon’s advanced complete-frame CMOS sensor, possesses many other excellent features that make it an impressively well-rounded product. Read further to discover more about this single-lens reflex newcomer:
Nikon D600: Chief Specifications
- 24.3-megapixel capability
- 5.5 frames per second photography
- 39-point long range autofocus
- 1920 by 1080-pixel HD movie recording
- ISO configuration of 100-6400
- Patented Intelligent Screen Recognition system
- Wi-Fi functionality
- The Nikon D600 is a moderately compact camera with a width of 5.6, a height of 4.4, and a thickness of 3.2 inches. The camera does, however, feel heavy at a core body weight of 760 grams but this mass imparts sturdiness to it. The D600’s largely magnesium chassis is done up in a smart and leathery black lending further solidity to the framework.
The Nikon D600’s 3.2-inch LCD screen is clear and vivid with a 921000-dot resolution and an observing angle of 170 degrees. The screen embeds an automatic ambient light detector besides containing 5-setting illumination control. The viewfinder, too, is capable and proves handy in low-light environments.
The balance chassis ensconces the various camera controls and ports like dials, selector buttons, microphone, white balance, SD cards slot, HDMI, sensitivity control, and GPS. These are well-placed and within reach for quick operation.
- The Nikon D600 boasts a full imaging resolution of 24.3 megapixels to complement its complete-frame CMOS sensor sized 35.9 by 24.0 millimeters. As a result, photographs are extremely vibrant, distinct, and true-to-life.
- The digital camera can shoot at the above resolution at an uninterrupted 5.5 frames per second. The D600 owes this alacrity and responsiveness to its advanced, built-in EXPEED 3 central processor.
- The competent, instant-return lens is aided by a maximum shutter speed of 1 upon 4000 seconds.
- The D600 also possesses ISO properties of 100 to 6400, which can be extended to extremities of 50 and 25600 respectively. This makes the camera adept at all levels of brightness.
- The camera quality is buoyed by a cutting-edge 39-point autofocus mechanism. This wide-range mechanism harnesses the collective power of sensors, teleconverters, and high-aptitude lenses to deliver up to f/8 results. This ensures crystal-clear and speedy output.
- The accompanying high-speed flash is equipped with features like flash setting and sync control.
- All standard scene modes are supported such as monochrome, neutral, landscape, and portrait whereas editing settings include color control, D-lighting, overlays, and red-eye reduction – to name just a few.
- The D600 comes with Nikon’s celebrated ISR (Intelligent Screen Recognition) system along with third-generation color matrix functioning and an RGB sensor configuration of 2016 pixels. This mechanism, with the help of an inbuilt imaging catalog, intuitively appraises all environmental elements and instantly produces optimal quality output.
- The digital camera enables users to record 1920 by 1080-pixel movies at frame speeds of 30, 25, and 24 rates as also 1280 by 720-pixel movies at 60, 50, 30, and 25 rates. MPEG-4 compression is also supported of AVC/H.264 configuration. Consequently videos are rendered with enviable clarity, definition, and efficiency.
- To further enhance video performance, the D600 encompasses state-of-the-art aspects like slow-motion processing, exposure settings, still image rendition, audio sync, and subject concentration.
The Nikon D600 also notably has:
- Wi-Fi functionality: This enables the camera, via a wireless adapter, to flawlessly link to Wi-Fi ready devices thereby allowing for the exchange of images and videos. One can also quickly transfer the content to the internet, view them on social media sites, or exchange them with acquaintances.
- USB functionality
- Multi-language support
The Nikon D600 has just been released at a price of around USD 2000. Overall, the decision to purchase this versatile digital camera should be a snap!