If you own an Android tablet and have downloaded Android apps or games on the tablet, you may have noticed that some of the games or apps do not open in full screen view, as they haven’t been completely optimized for the tablet. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to open Android apps in full screen on the Samsung Galaxy tab running on Android 2.2.
How to Open Android Apps in Full Screen on the Samsung Galaxy Tab
Let’s take the example of an app that fits the bill, Epicurious. Notice that the contents are confined within a big black border. Now let’s get this app to display in full screen.
2. Tap the Spare Parts icon, scroll down to the Compatibility Mode section. Notice that the Spare Parts app itself is not displaying in full screen view.
3. Tap the Compatibility Mode check box to uncheck it and then tap it again to check it.
4. Reboot the Galaxy Tab.
5. Tap the Spare Parts app again, scroll down to Compatibility Mode and tap to uncheck the check box.
6. Reboot the Galaxy Tab once again.
7. Your apps will now be displayed in full screen!
The process to achieve this may look completely ridiculous, but just follow it and you’ll see the results. Now, I can enjoy preparing my cool cocktail using a full screen view of the recipe. And you can too, when you download this app and follow the steps given in this tutorial.
Want us to review your Android app? Send us your details using the Submit for Review page. You can also follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook fan page to get tutorials, updates and how-to articles on Microsoft, Google and Apple products.