While in earlier Windows OS versions you had a default desktop background, in Windows 7, you can switch between various desktop backgrounds and set the time limit for switching between backgrounds. The backgrounds can be from one of the many Windows 7 themes that are available in the themes gallery, or you can put together photos that you saved on your PC to create a series of rotating background images. In this tutorial, you will learn how to personalize the Windows 7 desktop with a desktop slide show.
How to Personalize the Windows 7 Desktop with a Desktop Slide Show
To use images from the themes gallery to create the desktop slideshow:
1. Right-click the desktop and choose Personalize.
2. Click Desktop Background.
3. The Control PanelAppearance and PersonalizationPersonalizationDesktop Background window is displayed.
4. From the Picture location spin box, select a picture location or click Browse to navigate to a picture location.
5. In the list box, select the pictures you want to view as your desktop background. Click the Select all button to select all the pictures, or check the checkbox at the top-right of a picture to select a specific picture.
6. In the Picture position spin box, select a fill option to view the background pictures as tiles, centered, stretched, or fitted to the desktop.
7. In the Change picture every spin box, set the time limit for the slide show.
8.Check the Shuffle check box if you want to shuffle the order in which the pictures will appear on the slide show.
9. Click Save Changes.
To use your own photos and images to create the desktop slideshow:
1. Collate the pictures you want to use in the slideshow in a separate folder.
2. Right-click the desktop and choose Personalize.
3. Click Desktop Background.
4. From the Picture location drop-down list, navigate to the location containing the folder.
5. Select the pictures you want to add to the slideshow by checking the check boxes against each image.
6. In the Change picture every spin box, set the time limit for the slide show.
7. Check the Shuffle check box if you want to shuffle the order in which the pictures will appear on the slide show.
9. Click Save Changes.
You now have your very own customized desktop slide show to entertain you while you work.