PowerPoint 2010: How to Create a Hyperlink to a Custom Show
A quick way to access the custom shows that you created in your presentation is to create hyperlinks for them. You can use text or objects as hyperlinks to the custom show. In this PowerPoint 2010 tutorial, you will learn how to create a hyperlink to a custom show.
How to Create a Hyperlink to a Custom Show
1. Create a custom slide show if you don’t already have one.
2. On the desired slide, select the text or object that you want to hyperlink.
3. On the Insert tab, in the Links group, click Hyperlink.
4. In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, in the Link to section, click Place in This Document.
5. Link to the custom show.
- To link to a custom show, in the Select a place in this document list, select the custom show that you want to go to, and then select the Show and return check box. This will return you to the original spot in the presentation before you moved to the custom show. If you don’t select the Show and return option, the presentation will end with the custom show itself.
- To link to a location in the current presentation, in the Select a place in this document list, select the slide that you want to go to.
6. Click OK to close the Insert Hyperlink dialog box.
When you hyperlink text the color of the text will appear in a different color (depending on the theme of your presentation) with the same color underline. When you hyperlink an object, the mouse pointer will turn to a hand cursor in the Slide Show view.
How often do you use hyperlinked custom shows in your presentation. Is it effective in preparing and delivering your presentation?