Most of us using an email client would have found ourselves in a situation where we sent a wrong email to a client or a customer, or inadvertently sent the right email to the wrong recipients. If you are quick and alert, you can rectify the mistake by recalling the message as soon as it is sent. This provides a better chance that the email has not been opened by the recipient. However, if the recipient has opened up the message that you sent, you will not be able to recall the message. So here’s what you need to know before you recall a message in Outlook 2010 and the steps to do it.
How to Recall a Message in Outlook 2010
1. Display the Sent Items folder.
2. Open the message you want to recall.
3. On the Message tab, in the Move group, click Actions.
4. From the drop-down list, select Recall This Message.
5. The Recall This Message dialog box opens. In the dialog box, select an option.
- Select Delete unread copies of this message to delete any unread copies of the message in the recipients Inbox.
- Select Delete unread copies and replace with a new message to delete any unread copies and replace it with a new message in the recipients Inbox.
6. Click OK.
You must remember that you can recall a message only if your email account is configured using the Microsoft Exchange server.