Google’s recommendation engine to places, Google Hotpot, allows you to rates places. You can also add your friends to your Google Hotpot account and discover places that they have rated and reviewed. Your friends recommendations will be displayed in the navigation pane to the left of the screen. In this Google Apps tutorial you will learn how to add friends to your Google Hotpot Friend list and discover their recommended places in Google Hotpot.
How to Add Friends and Discover Their Recommended Places in Google Hotpot
1. Login to your Google Hotpot account.
2. In the Google hotpot search box, type a search term and press Enter.
3. Navigate to the last search card on the screen and click Add friends.
4. In the People you’ve added dialog box, in the Add people to this group text box, enter a contact. Friends added to your list can check out your ratings and recommendations.
5. Add as many contacts as you want and then click Done.
6. The Friend’s list page is displayed with options to add and manage friends.
7. Click a rating or review number. The Google maps page will be displayed with tabs displaying the reviews available on the search. You can also click the search result to get more details on its location, other user reviews, and additional information related to the search term.
Adding friends to your Google Hotpot account will help you to view and share your friend’s recommendations on the best places and hotspots in your locality. Do remember to check out more tutorials on Google apps on our website.