If you are a regular user of Gmail, then you must be aware of that you have the option to use emoticons in your email messages using the Insert Emoticon button displayed just above your message box. In this tutorial, learn how to spice up your email messages using additional emoticons in Gmail.
If you wish to add more emoticons to the ones that are available by default, you can do so using the Gmail Labs feature called Extra Emoji. Additionally, can also view the 10 most recently used emoticons using another lab feature called Recently Used Emoji.
In this Google Apps tutorial, you will learn how to add more emoticons to Gmail and access the most frequently used emoticons easily.
NOTE: This Gmail Lab Feature is No Longer Available
How to Use Emoticons in Gmail
1. Login to your Gmail account.
Ads by Google
2. At the top right of the screen, click the Settings link.
3. Select the Labs tab.
4. Scroll down to Extra Emoji lab and enable the lab.
5. Scroll up and click Save Changes.
6. Compose a new email and click the Insert Emoticon button. Observe that more emoticons have been added.
How to Access the 10 Most Recently Used Emoticons
1. Navigate to the Gmail labs feature.
2. Search for the Recently Used Emoji lab and enable it.
3. After saving the changes, compose an email with the desired emoticons.
4. Observe that the next time you compose an email, the most recently used emoticons are displayed above the message box.
If you love using lots of emoticons in your Gmail messages, make use of the additional emoticons available in Gmail Labs and have fun composing your messages.
Ads by Google