If you are using Excel 2003 and are wondering if you need to make the switch to Excel 2010, or if you are apprehensive about using the new interface, or if you have just upgraded to Office 2010, Microsoft is providing a cool interactive guide to help make the transition easier for you. You can download the Microsoft Excel 2010 Interactive guide and familiarize yourself with the commands on the Excel 2010 Ribbon.
How to Install and Use the Microsoft Excel 2010 Interactive Guide
1. Download the Interactive menu to ribbon guide.
2. Double-click the Excel2010Guide.exe file and in the Open File – Security Warning dialog box click Run.
3. In the Microsoft Excel 2010 Interactive Guide wizard, click Next to begin the installation process.
4. In the Select Installation Folder page, if needed, click Browse and select a different folder location and then click Next.
5. In the Confirm Installation page, click Next.
6. Once the installation is complete, click Close.
7. Navigate to Start->All Programs->Microsoft Excel 2010 Interactive Guide.
8. The interactive guide opens in a new browser window. In the Welcome screen, click Start to get started.
9. A simulated Excel 2003 worksheet is displayed. Place the mouse pointer over a command to learn where the command is located in Excel 2010.
10. Click a command to view the command’s location in Excel 2010. When you click a command, the screen flips over and displays where the command is located in Excel 2010.
This interactive guide is a cool way to learn the Ribbon commands in 2010 and transition from Excel 2003. Give this a try and let us know if it helped you.