If you have a video that you want to share with the world, YouTube is the place to have it uploaded. While uploading a video to YouTube is quite easy, there may be some of you who are not too familiar with the process. So here’s a YouTube tutorial to help you learn how to upload your videos to YouTube.
Uploading a Video to YouTube
1. Ensure that you have a YouTube account. If you don’t have one, sign up for a free YouTube account.
2. Once you are logged in, click the Upload link that is displayed to the right of the Search text box.
3. In the Video File Upload section, click Upload video.
Note: Ensure that the video is not more than 15 minutes long and is less than 2GB in size.
4. The File Upload dialog box is displayed. Select the file you want to upload and click Open to start the video upload.
5. Give it a few minutes to upload. While the file is uploading, you can enter details about the video.
- In the Title text box, enter the title. This usually takes the video name by default.
- In the Description text box, enter a description about the video.
- In the Tags text box, enter the tags that users will use to search for the video.
- From the Category, drop down list select a desired category.
- Select the privacy option as required.
6. Click Save changes. A screen will be displayed indicating the status of the upload.
You can also check out the video that I created from PowerPoint 2010 which I later uploaded to YouTube.
Now that you learned how to upload your videos to YouTube, let the world see what you have to offer.
You can also check out our Office 2010 tutorials in the various sections on our website.
If you’d like us to write about an app, drop-us a line using our contact form.