Most modern web browsers now support apps that enrich the browsing experience. For instance, RockMelt, the social web browser, contains an App Edge that allows you to keep your favorite web apps like Facebook, Gmail and Twitter accessible to you at any time in a single click. If you want to have the same effect when browsing with your Firefox 4 browser, you can create an App tab and start pinning and accessing your favorite apps from the App Bar. In this Firefox tutorial, you will learn how to pin your favorite websites using app tabs.
Features of App Tabs
- App Tabs are displayed as tiny icons on the left side of the tab bar.
- App Tabs cannot be closed, only unpinned.
- App Tabs glow with a blue highlight when the app tab receives new notifications. For instance if you have Facebook pinned to the tab bar, when you receive a message/feed, the App bar turns blue.
- App Tabs will remain on the tab bar when you close and restart Firefox.
- Links to new websites open in a new tab so that your App Tab doesn’t change.
How to Pin Your Favorite Websites
To Create an App Tab
Right-click on a tab and select Pin as App Tab.
To Remove an App Tab
Right-click on the App Tab and select Unpin Tab from the menu.
Do you use app tabs while browsing on Firefox 4? How handy is it to access commonly used web apps?
Get the latest update in your inbox.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get tips, tutorials, and app reviews in your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing. You will receive an email from us soon. Please confirm subscription.
Something went wrong.