Sometime in April 2012, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch tablet was released with a price tag of $249.99 on Amazon.com. Now the 10 inch variant is making its foray into the market. This one is priced $399.99 and features Android’s latest operating system, the Ice Cream Sandwich. The gorgeous Samsung Galaxy 2 10 inch tab will be officially launched on May 13th, 2012, but you can preorder at Amazon.com as well as Office Depot now.
Tech Specs of the Samsung Galaxy 2 10 inch Tablet
- Operating system: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Display: 10.1-inch multitouch screen (1280 x 800 pixels) for native HD 720p resolution
- Processor: 1 GHz dual-core processor
- Internal memory: 16 GB
- RAM: 1 GB
- Memory expansion: microSD cards (up to 32 GB in size)
- Cameras: 3-megapixel rear; VGA (640 x 480) front
- Wireless connectivity: Wireless N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n); Bluetooth 3.0
- Ports: 1 USB 2.0 (host); 3.5mm headphone/microphone jack
- Sensors: Accelerometer, digital compass, light, proximity
- Dimensions: 10.1 x 6.9 x 0.38 inches
- Weight: 1.28 pounds (21 ounces)
- Battery: 7,000 mAh
The tab offers file compatibility with
- Documents: Word (.doc .docx .txt .hwp .rtf); Excel (.xls .xlsx .csv); PowerPoint (.ppt .pptx .pps); PDF
- Audio: MP3, AAC, AC-3, AMR, FLAC, MID, WMA, WAV, OGG
- Images: GIF, AGIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP, WBMP, WEBP
- Video:Playback up to Full HD 1080p @ 30 fps (frames per second) with following compatibility:
- Codec: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC-1, DivX, WMV7, WMV8, WMV9, VP8
- Format: 3GP, ASF, AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, MKV, WebM
It also comes with preloaded apps. However, considering that smartphones such as the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the new iPad featuring better technology have arrived, it does not seem to be a very attractive option for users to want to buy this device. Unless, you are a die-hard fan of Samsung or the Galaxy tab.
Would you pre-order the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10 inch tablet? Or would you rather go for another device? Let us know in the comments section.