Health and fitness are everyone’s big concerns and with the advances in technology, fitness wearables such as Nike+Fuelband and Jawbone UP have become a constant companion for the masses. With the competition heating up in this space, especially after the launch of the Apple Watch, Misfit has attempted to make fitness wearables more accessible to everyone with its latest launch, the Flash, which retails at a more affordable price tag of $49.99. Not only is the price point attractive, you also never need recharge it for at least 6 months, and that in itself could be the Flash’s most significant draw. (One for your Christmas Stocking perhaps?)
The Misfit Flash
The Misfit Flash is a sleek fashionable wearable with a sporty design that is available in 7 flashy colors including lemony yellow, Fuschia, and Frost. You can wear it on your wrist, as a keychain, or a clip on, on your clothing. The activity tracker is made of plastic and has a replaceable battery, which lasts up to 6 months. It is also a waterproof up to a distance of 30 meters.
The fitness activity tracker does not display any data as such and works with a companion Misfit app on your iPhone or iPhone via Bluetooth Low Energy. The Flash captures the calories you have burned, steps taken, distance traveled and the quality and duration of your sleep. The front of the wearable is actually a button and pressing it will display a halo of lights, which lets you track your fitness progress and goals. The companion app is the one that provides a handy collection of data showing your improvement over time. You can also motivate yourself by competing with friends on the leaderboards.
Tech Specs of the Misfit Flash
- Material: TPU/Polycarbonate
- Charging: Not Required
- Display: LED
- Battery: CR2032 coin cell
- Battery Life: Up to 6 months
- Waterproof: up to 30 m
- Dimensions: 28.5 x 8.0 x 28.5 mm
- Weight: 6.0 g
- Sensor: 3-axis accelerometer
- Synching: via Bluetooth
- Measures: Steps, Calories Burned, Distance, Sleep Quality and Duration
- Compatibility: iPhone 4s/5/5c/5s, iPod touch 5, iPad 3/4/Air/mini, Samsung Galaxy s4/Note 3, Google nexus 4/5, Android 4.3 BLE devices. Flash for iOS app is compatible with devices running iOS 6.1.3 and above with Bluetooth 4.1. Flash for Android is compatible with devices running Android 4.3 (JellyBean) and above with Bluetooth 4.1/Bluetooth Smart. Flash for Windows Phone coming soon.
The Misfit Flash is available to preorder on its website, but it will also become available in major retailers Amazon and Walmart starting in October.
Ads by Google
Ads by Google