Are you searching for certain hidden files and folders on your Windows 8 PC or Android device but just don’t know where to look. That’s okay. These files are generally hidden by default because you don’t need to access them on a regular basis. However, there may be times when you need it and in this tutorial, I’ll show you how to access and find hidden files and folders quickly.
How to Find Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 8
Finding hidden files and folders in Windows 8 is a much more simpler process when compared to doing the same on Windows 7. There are two ways in which you can access the hidden files and folders option. The quickest way is to:
1. Open Windows Explorer (Press Win+E) and select the View tab.
2. In the Show/hide group, click Hidden items.
Alternatively you could:
1. Right-click the Start button and choose Control Panel.
2. Select Appearance and Personalization.
3) In the Folder Options section, select Show hidden files and folders.
4) In the Folder Options dialog box, select Show hidden files, folders and drives and click OK.
If you want to find hidden files and folders on your Windows 7 PC, you can find the instructions below.
How to Find Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 7
1. Open Windows Explorer.
2. From the Organize drop-down list, click Folder and search options.
3. The Folder Options dialog box is displayed. Select the View tab.
4. Below the Hidden files and folders option, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives. If required, (but not advised) you can uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) option.
5. Click Apply and you’re done.
You can now find that file or folder that you were looking for.
How to Find Hidden Files on Android
The basic Settings on your Android device does not provide options for finding hidden files and folders. You’ll need to make use of a file manager app to do that. There are plenty of file manager apps on the Play Store, but we can show you how this works on one of the apps, ASTRO File Manager with Cloud.
1). Download and open the Astro File Manager with Cloud app. Accept the terms of service and then tap Go to app. The Home screen displays the ASTRO menu. Tap Locations. This will display your phone’s internal storage and other memory cards you use for storage.
2. Tap the internal storage option sdcard0.
2). Now tap the view icon at the top of the screen indicated by an eye icon.
3). Tap the Advanced tab and then check the Show hidden files checkbox.
You will now be able to find hidden files on your Android.