If you are an Instagram buff, you probably have tons of smashing photos in your account. One of the worrying factors about storing your photos and personal information in web applications is that you never know when they might shut down, get bought, or disappear off the face of the internet. When that does happen, you don’t want to be left short-changed. You can play it safe by making a backup copy of your stuff and in this tutorial, I’ll show you how to backup Instagram photos to your PC.
There are a number of tools that will help you make a backup. For instance, there’s the popular Instaport, Copygram, InstaBackup but I’d like to do this using a cool application called Social Folders.
Social Folders claims to be a Dropbbox for social and you can instantly see why. You can connect your various social accounts such as Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Photobucket, and more, and it works effortlessly in the background syncing your content into well organized folders. Uploading files and photos is easy as it involves drag and drop actions.
Now let’s see how we can backup photos to your PC using Social Folders.
How to Backup Instagram Photos to Your PC
1. Head over to SocialFolders.me
2. Download the Social Folders app to your PC.
3. Run the EXE file. The Sign Up page will be displayed. Enter the required details to create your account.
4. Then click Next in the following screens until you finally click Finish.
5. Your Social Folders account will be opened in a web browser and you can start connecting to your various social accounts. Click Connect to your first service.
6. In the Connect to a website page, scroll down to Instagram and click Connect to Instagram.
7. Enter your Instagram credentials; username and password and click Login.
8. Authorize the app and then click Download all my photos.
Your Instagram photos will be downloaded in a folder that is automatically created for you. You can access the files from the SocialFolders folder on the favorites section in Windows Explorer.
Social Folders is a really useful web app that does all the downloading in the background just like Dropbox and you get instant notifications when there are updates to your social accounts. It also offers a ton of awesome features such as uploading, moving, copying, or deleting photos and files from one social account to another right from the desktop, sharing files with friends, and more.
Currently the services offered include Box, Evernote, Facebook, Flickr, Google Docs, Photobucket, Picasa, Smugmug, Soundcloud, Twitter, and YouTube.
SocialFolders has a free plan that lets you connect up to 3 services and manage 1000 photos or other files. You can invite friends to try the services and get connected to one extra service for every person who creates an account using your referral. Otherwise you can upgrade to the premium plan which costs $1.99 a month or $9.99 a year.
Try SocialFolders now and instantly backup Instagram photos and more on your PC.
Don’t forget to tell us what you think of this application in the comments section.
Follow us on Twitter or join our Facebook fan page to get tutorials, updates and how-to articles on Microsoft, Google and Apple products.
Leave a Reply