Twitter, one of the most popular social media apps in the world today, has a pretty blue interface. If you’ve been using Twitter for sometime, you will probably know how to customize the interface with your own custom images. Custom backgrounds reveal in some way, your personal identity, your state of mind, or even your business branding. If you’re new to Twitter or never had the time to sit down and create a background, this how-to guide will help you create a custom twitter background in no time at all.
If you’re still not sure whether you need to create a custom Twitter background, then ask yourself these two questions.
1. Do you wish to showcase your brand to your followers and reveal a little bit more than what you can in the bio section?
2. Do you want to build a community and interact with the members actively?
Then you may want to express yourself visually so that people can understand who you are. For example, if you are a chef or run a cooking blog, displaying a background of you working with people in a kitchen or preparing dishes is sure to show your passion for your work and appeal to followers. If the answer to the above questions is a Yes, you should get started right away and let your creative juices flow.
How to Create a Custom Twitter Background
1. Click the Account drop-down arrow and select Settings.
2. From the top navigation menu, select Design.
3. Click Change background image, then click Choose file. Browse your computer and add the image that best describes you or your business. Ensure that the size of your image does not exceed 800k.
Ensure that the total image size is around 1600px wide by 1200px high. Ensure that you get the right image size, else the image may get covered by your profile, or may tile resulting in an undesirable look.
You can also check out some of these additional resources if your looking for more Twitter backgrounds and designs.
You can also find creative Twitter background designs, on this site.
I hope this tutorial and additional resources will help you create an impressive custom Twitter background. Try out the various options available and share your results using the comments form below.
Leave a Reply