With the advent of top notch camera sporting smartphones today, capturing memories and events is becoming an everyday routine. And before you know it, you have a folder-load of photos that contains images from your trip to the beach to your holiday shopping, and even a friend’s baby shower. So how do you go about sifting through all these images if you wish to simply reminisce on a particular event? Well, you need to have your photos organized properly. And the best way to do it: via a photo album. But there is the need for an application that offers both flexibility and convenience in creating a photo album, and that’s where I think this iPad app is brilliant. Its called Photo Album – Photobook and I take a look at some of the brilliant features that makes this app worth a purchase.
Photo Album App for iPad : Review
Creating and managing umpteen number of photos can be painfully time consuming. If you had a quick way to create an album say, based on tags, GPS location, or date of creation, it would be brilliant. Then, in a few taps, you could get the job done, without spending too much time on it and even do it in a leisurely pace. Appsicum’s nifty little Photo Album app (available for both the iPhone and the iPad) lets you do just that! And more.
Everyone loves to add a personal touch to images. Sometimes adding photo frames to images, drawing something funny or creative across a photo, or even adding some special effects and clip art can turn an ordinary looking album into something special that will bring a smile to your face even many years after the pictures are taken. And the Photo Album app offers plenty of options to customize your photos and albums.
Ads by Google
If you prefer to work on some older pics, there’s the option to import them wirelessly, and if you want to take prints, then you can export them to a high resolution PDF too.
One annoying factor when importing photos from your library is that iOS does not include the date or original name of the photos, and the Photo Album app tends to use its own custom naming convention and considers the transfer date to be the date of creation. And that is something you just have to live with, if you utilize the photo import feature.
Here’s a quick look at all the features of the app in a listed order.
Quick Look: Photo Album App for iPhone and iPad
- Create albums on the fly using EXIF and custom tags, date, rating etc.
- Create folders to organize photos
- Sort photos using multiple parameters
- Display photos on map with locations
- Add borders and frames to photos
- Lock individual items or whole pages
- Add background image or color for albums
- Add clipart and drawings to albums
- Add captions using text layers
- Manage individual layers on album page with contextual tools
- Undo/Redo features
- Control shadow, opacity and colors for various elements
- Create slideshows with music
- Import photos wirelessly from PC/ Mac or add from library/camera
- Share your albums on social media, email or save to library
For more details on the app and download links check out Photo Album from Appsicum
Ads by Google