Well, Christmas is still five months away, but every year, mid July you simply cannot resist thinking about this wonderful season. It’s never too late to get ready for Christmas, so why not get started with the preparations a little sooner? In fact, you can even use this idea to decorate your homes or offices any time of the year. In this post we take a look at how you can program Christmas LED lights to dance to your music.
If you want to have more of a “Christmasy” atmosphere, then a good idea might be to integrate your LED Christmas string lights with the music you listen to. There are a couple of different ways in which you can achieve this. For example you can build your own light control, but this can be a bit hard if you lack experience and skills. There are different retailers that can do the work for you. You can purchase prefabricated light controllers which are equipped and ready for work.
How to Program Christmas LED Lights with Music
1. After purchasing the LED lights, install the software on your PC by simply following the instructions in the install wizard. You can choose between basic plus, basic, advanced and standard versions. In case you want automatic music beat detection, just purchase the basic plus version. For the best LED Christmas lights visit www.christmaslightsetc.com/christmas-lights.htm.
2. Now it is time to connect the chosen converter box to your computer with the help of data cable. The most commonly used one is RS485.
3. Connect the box to the light control with the help of CAT-5E command cable. There are different lengths depending on your needs – 10, 25 or 50 foot long.
4. Now connect the music source to your computer and in case you want to use a special FM transmitter, just connect your speakers to the computer with the help of Y connector – it can be purchased from any major store. Choose the type of station you want to transmit over the FM transmitter.
5. Set up your light display as you want. Remember that you do not have to puncture the light cords with nails or staples because it will ruin the string.
6. Connect the light string to the controller box with the help of different outlets (pigtail) for example. Keep the string away from water.
7. Customize your light show with the help of the previously installed software. You can also show a timer, set up different effects or customize the blinking in the way you want.
8. Last you should upload the music tracks that you want the LED lights to be synced with. Make sure that the extension of the file is compatible with the software because if not – it will not be played.
So this year you can program Christmas LED lights with music and add some flavor to your Christmas celebrations.
Leave a Reply