SpeedBit is a popular publisher of cool video streaming and data download acceleration products such as Download Accelerator Plus and Speedbit Video Accelerator. If you happened to install one of their many popular products, you would have probably installed their Speedbit Search toolbar too. Most of us prefer to use a certain search engine and find it unacceptable when another program ( such as the Babylon toolbar) hijacks our personal settings without permission. Unfortunately, this is starting to become the norm. And thankfully, there are fixes too! In this post, I’ll show you how to remove SpeedBit Search Toolbar from your browser settings.
How to Remove SpeedBit Search Toolbar on your Browser
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon next to the address bar. Navigate to Tools > Settings.
2. In the Search section, click the drop-down arrow and choose the search engine you want to use.
3. Click Manage Search engines and in the ensuing message box, select the search engine provider you want to set as default.
4. Also hover over SpeedBit search and click the x mark to delete it. Click Done.
5. Next, On the left pane, click Settings. Find the SpeedBit Toolbar and click the trash can icon to remove it.
1. Click Tools and select Add-ons.
2. On the Extensions tab, find the SpeedBit Toolbar and remove it.
3. Then click Tools and select Options.
4. On the General tab, in the Home Page text box, remove SpeedBit.com and click Restore to Default or add you preferred URL and click OK.
5. Finally, click the drop-down arrow in the search bar and select Manage search engines.
6. Search for SpeedBit.com and remove it.
On Internet Explorer
1. Click the Tools icon and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab find the SpeedBit Toolbar and remove it. Then click Search Providers and remove SpeedBit.
3. Then click Tools and select Internet Options.
4. On the General tab remove SpeedBit.com and click Restore to Default or add your preferred URL.
Alternative Method to Remove the Speedbit Toolbar & Restore Browser Settings
If the issues still persist, download and extract the zip file and run it. Ensure that all your browsers are closed before you run the file.
You should have your browser settings restored and back to how it was before the intrusive Speedbit toolbar messed things up.