Samsung Electronics has been a busy body at IFA this year unveiling a string of smartphones, phablets, curved TVs, kitchen appliances tablets and virtual reality devices. Now for the first time, the world will get to see multifunction Android powered printer models. Since work styles and work processes today are becoming more mobile oriented and untethered from PCs, new printing solutions are the need of the hour. Samsung hopes to fill this space with its innovative printing solutions, which will serve to increase efficiency and productivity in the mobile work environment. To that end, the company has introduced 10 Android based multifunction printers that will be made available to European markets in the coming months.
Samsung’s Android Powered Printers
Samsung Smart MultiXpress
Dr. KiHo Kim, Executive Vice President of Printing Solutions at Samsung Electronics stated that Samsung’s new printer line combines the company’s best-in-class IT technology and OA device know-how to bring about innovation in the new office automation market. Samsung’s Smart MultiXpress printers are designed to fit seamlessly into smart offices of today with independent operating capabilities rendering the PC unnecessary.
The new Smart MultiXpress series of multifunction printers will be based on the same Smart UX Center technology that powers the Samsung Galaxy line of smartphones and tablets. The Android OS allows for limitless printing app scalability with on the go connectivity capabilities via Samsung Cloud Print. These printers are also compatible with Samsung’s XOA (eXtensible Open Architecture) printing solution platform and can be customized to meet the specialized needs of businesses.
The 10.1-inch full touchscreen panel of the Samsung Smart MultiXpress series of multifunction printers enables users to search and print any types of content, including from web browsers, email messages, maps, and images without having to connect to a PC or server. Users will also be able to preview documents from the touchscreen and edit and annotate content, if necessary.
Samsung has also upgraded these printers to NFC Pro, which means users can add the new Samsung NFC Pro accessory to the printers for easier access from smartphones for mobile printing. It also provides the added benefit of a stronger user authentication process and improved IT admin functions such as the ability to clone the same security settings on multiple printers.
The Android powered printers are expected to provide fast documentation processing speeds that is one and a half times faster thanks to its 1GHz dual-core CPU. It also guarantees that multiple users the ability to scan and print large documents without any disruptions.
One of the banes of printing are toners, but the Smart MultiXpress series of multi function printers promises longer lasting ones along with drum technologies, which will in turn extend its shelf life and lower the cost of ownership..
Ads by Google
Samsung Smart MultiXpress Series MFP Models
The Smart MultiXpress series MFP consists of 10 new models from 4 printer categories. Here are their key features.
X4300 series of A3 Color MFPs
- Models: X4300LX, X4250LX, and X4220RX
- Output speed: 30, 25, and 22 pages per minutes (ppm) for each of the above models.
- Dual-Scan ADF technology for scanning up to 100 double-sided images per minute (ipm) for color and up to 120 double-sided ipm for mono.
- Samsung Rendering Engine for Clean Page (ReCP) technology
- Polymerized Toner for sharp, vivid, glossy professional color quality.
- Print capacity of X4300LX: up to 85,000 pages per month, with 23,000 pages for black and white toner and 100,000 pages for drum.
K4350 series of A3 Monochrome MFPs
- Models: K4350LX, K4300LX, and K4250RX
- Output speed: 35, 30, and 25 ppm respectively.
- Dual-Scan ADF technology for scanning up to 100 double-sided ipm for color and up to 120 double-sided ipm for mono.
- Print capacity of K4350LX: up to 85,000 pages per month with 35,000 pages for toner. Drum has an output of 200,000 pages.
M5370 series of A4 Monochrome MFPs
- Models: M5370LX and M4370LX
- Output speed: 53 and 43 ppm respectively.
- Dual-Scan ADF technology for scanning up to 80 double-sided ipm.
- Print capacity: up to 300,000 pages per month with 30,000 pages for toner. Drum has an output of 100,000 pages.
M4580 series of A4 Monochrome MFPs
- Models: M4580FX and M4583FX
- Output speed: 45 ppm.
- M4580FX sold through OA channel and M4583FX sold with the IT channel.
- Dual-Scan ADF technology for scanning up to 60 double-sided ipm.
- Print capacity: up to 200,000 pages per month and 40,000 pages for toner. Drum has an output of 100,000 pages.
source : samsung
The role of Android powered printers into the world of smart businesses certainly seems to be good news for the mobile workforce.