A mobile phone is one of the best ways to keep in touch with friends and family. Apps make it easier to stay connected with our near and dear ones. One such app that is being widely used is Skype by Skype Communication S.a.r.l. This app can be downloaded for free from the iTunes store. In this post, we take a look at the new features that the update for Skype for iOS has thrown up.
Features of Skype
Once you download and fire this app on your Apple device, there is a lot that you can do with it. Here’s a list of features of the Skype app.
- Join the network of more than 250 million people
Skype has a network of more than 250 million users. This is one of the best places where you can find your circle of friends.
- Call friends for free on Skype
This app lets you call your family and friends for free. You can make voice calls to anyone else on Skype by paying nothing extra. This will help you save on your outgoing mobile minutes.
- Call mobile phones and landline phones
If your near and dear ones are non Skype users, we have a solution for you. You can add Skype Credit to your account. This will help you send text messages to your friends and family. You can also call landlines and mobile phones. You can take advantage of all this by paying a small fee.
- Send instant messages to your family and friends
If you like to send and receive text messages more than calling, you can use the instant messaging service from Skype. If you wish to convey strong feelings with your texts, get smart add emoticons to your texts.
- Photo sharing facility
MMS is one of the ways to share images. If you wish to send unlimited photos from your iPhone to your friends and family, Skype is the best way to do so. Share all your cherished moments without worrying about the file size and the number of photos that you can send.
- 3G and Wi-Fi user-friendly
You can use Skype app with a 3G network connection or with access to Wi-Fi.
System requirements to use Skype app on your Apple device
- This app works on iOS 5 or above.
- From your iPhone 3GS videos can be sent and received from the rear camera.
- Using your iPhone 4 or the 4th generation iPod touch you can send and receive videos from the front or rear camera.
- With this app you can receive videos on your 1st generation iPad and 3rd generation iPod touch.
What’s new with the version 4.5 of Skype app for iOS?
- When you are using this app on a weak Wi-Fi network, Skype automatically redials a dropped call.
- Other general bugs have been fixed.
- The new version of this app lets you add currency to call your friends and family on landlines and mobile phones.
- One swipe to the left of the screen lets you view recent conversations.
To download Skype for iOS devices for free visit the link https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/skype/id304878510?mt=8
Author Bio: Randy Collins likes writing articles related to Technology News, Gadget Reviews and How To. He also writes for buycharter.com – a site that offers savings and current information on charter internet.