Now that the holiday season has begun and everyone’s starting to pick up gifts for loved ones, you may want to make sure that the presents you hope to have this Christmas is on your wishlist. Amazon has a cool wishlist, but what if you want to purchase a product from another web site or the items are spread over multiple websites? Well, Whimventory is a web app that’s perfect to help you create and share holiday wishlists with the help of a bookmarklet. let’s take a look at what Whimventory has to offer and how you can create your perfect holiday wishlist using Whimventory.
How to Create and Share Holiday Wishlists with Whimventory
1. Go to Whimventory.com and sign up for a free account. You can also sign in using your Facebook credentials. If you sign up with your Facebook credentials, you will have to create a username and password as well.
2. Once you’ve logged in, the Whimventory is displayed. The interface is clean and simple. The menu at the top of the page lists important categories such as lists where you can manage your lists or import lists from Amazon or other CSV files; Favorites where you can mark your favorite lists, Add items, and blog.
3. Click the link Click here to add items to this list. This will take you to a quick tutorial page which shows you how to add items to the wishlist. It also includes the Whim it bookmarklet which you need to drag to your browser.
5. The Add this item to your wishlist dialog box is displayed. Click Add to include the item in your Whimventory wishlist.
Ads by Google
6. The item will now be listed in your Whimventory wishlist. You can also edit the item info, delete it, mark as purchased, compare prices, and mark it as priority using the icons within the item box.
7. Once you’ve created your holiday wishlist, simply hit the Facebook, Twitter, or Digg buttons to share the list with your social contacts.
Check out a sample Whimventory Wishlist here.
Whimventory is a pretty cool web app that lets you not only create a wishlist of items from various online stores, it also makes it easy for others to get a sneak peek at what gifts will be more appreciable to you that’s within their budget. It also lets users compare price of the item from similar online stores, at the tap of a button using Google search. Also, the option to mark the item as purchased will prevent others from purchasing the gift. Although the element of surprise is lost, you can avoid wasteful expenditure on duplicate purchases.
So if you haven’t set up your wishlist as yet, why don’t you give Whimventory a try and let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
Want to read more about web apps that we have reviewed? Check out our section on Web app Reviews for more interesting web apps you may find useful.
Ads by Google