Access database corruption is very common and it generally occurs when there is an error in its binary file format. Since Access is capable of handling minor corruption issues, in such cases we commonly don’t realize that our database is corrupt. However, in case of major corruption in the Access database, it stops responding or the data saved on the particular database file become inaccessible. To handle such situations and recover the data saved on the database we are required to opt for reliable third-party Access repair software.
Reasons for Access Database Corruption
There are various reasons due to which Access database gets corrupt and some of the most prominent causes for the same are:
Ads by Google
- Multi-user access of the Access database is one if the common reasons of its corruption.
- The Jet database till date has launched its various versions. So, if one Access database is shared among multiple users over a network and these users have different Jet service packs and different Jet updates then there are high chances of Access database corruption.
- Since Jet database engine is file based and due to this different hardware failures too can corrupt Access database.
- Sometimes incompatible plug-ins for Access database corrupts it.
Aforementioned are some reasons due to which we encounter Access database corruption. However, if we follow certain precautions then we can avoid MS Access database corruption to some extent.
How to Avoid Access Database Corruption
- Maintaining the backup of our database is one of the best means to come over the situation of data loss due to database corruption.
- Despite of creating one large Access database in multi-user environment, if we split in into two pieces (a backend- that contains tables, and a front end- that contains rest of the things) then we can avoid its corruption.
Despite of taking various prevention measures there are times when we end up losing our Access database. In that situation opting for efficient third-party Access repair software is recommended.
These software repairs damaged or corrupt Access database and restores its various objects in new Access database (MDB file) file. With repairing the corrupt Access database, the software can also recover deleted records and recovers various Access objects such as tables, reports, queries, forms, modules, etc. The software supports recovery of MS Access 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000 and is compatible with Windows 7, Vista, Server2003, XP, and 2000.