Multitasking has become so common today that task management apps have become all the rage. TaskIt is a free app that is available on the Office Store that lets you create a checklist in Word 2013 so that you can manage all your tasks or to-do stuff easily from an application you often use during the day. No need to keep post-its, smartphone reminders, email alerts and such. Word 2013 should be enough to keep you organized. Let’s take a look at how you can use TaskIt to create a checklist in Word 2013.
TaskIt is a free app that offers a super simple way to create tasks and follow them. The app allows you to create checklists in Word and auto saves them for you so the next time you open the document, you can see all your tasks instantly. Tracking the various to-do items is easy and you can even delete them in a single click.
How to Create and Keep Track of Tasks Using TaskIt
Before you install the app, ensure that Word is closed.
3. Click the Add button on the screen to begin downloading the free add-in.
4. On the next screen click Continue confirming that you wish to add the app.
5. You will see a pop up asking you not to close the browser window. Wait for a few minutes and you will then see a Start using your app for Office page which provides you with step by step instructions on how to use the app.
6. Close the browser window.
7. Open Word 2013 and select the Insert tab. In the Apps section, click My Apps.
NOTE: If you don’t see TaskIt added to the My apps section, click Store. In the search bar, type TaskIt and press Enter. In the next screen click Add. Then in the next screen, click Trust It.
Ads by Google
8. The TaskIt app is now displayed in the right pane of your Word 2013 document. If necessary, sign in with your Microsoft credentials to start using the add-in.
NOTE: You can also access the TaskIt pane by going to the Insert tab, and in the Apps group, click the My Apps dropdown. TaskIt will show up in the Recently Used Apps section.
NOTE: You can move the TaskIt pane by clicking and dragging the TaskIt title to another part of the Word window or screen.
9. To create your first to-do list item, in the TaskIt pane, in the Title box, enter your task and press Enter. The item will be displayed with a check box.
10. Similarly, enter as many items as you want and they will be displayed as a list.
11. If a task is complete, check the checkbox and it will automatically be crossed out. Completed tasks will not be displayed the next time you load TaskIt.
You can also delete tasks by clicking the red X mark next to the item. (Hover over an item to view the delete button.) To close the pane itself, just click the X button at the top right of the pane. There are a few additional points about TaskIt that’s worth keeping in mind. You don’t have to save any of your changes as they are done automatically. Every item that you create must be unique. Tasks are case sensitive and you cannot edit a task once it is created. If you need to make a change, delete and recreate the task again.
That’s it! You have just learned how to create checklists in Word 2013 using TaskIt.