It was the time when elders bought us computers to learn from the world and make a room for ourselves in the modern world. We made a quite bigger room for ourselves in the modern world which covered most of the space in our real lives and dropped the room for our elders in our lives. However, the war has not finished yet. The previous reasons which elders gave us to quit social media were:
Reasons to Quit Social Media
1. It is an addiction which will spoil your educational and professional growth and stability. You will not be able to become a ‘successful citizen’ if you continue living in the social media like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
2. Too much social networking reduces the pace of real life social gatherings and face-to-face interactions. You cannot judge the real expressions of your friend behind the emoticons, however, in the real life, you can know who your true friends are!
3. Games at social networking sites will only increase the waist size of your pants and will not bring any intelligence to you, and a lot of other reasons also.
What We Said?
1. Social media like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc. have become educational forums where we get information about the latest technology, and get free consultancy for educational purposes.
2. Through social networking sites, we can mingle with our friends along with staying with the family. These sites have reduced the time gap between family and us, and friends and us, and many other excuses.
Elders Approach to Social Media in 2013
Ads by Google
In the year 2013, the elders have adopted a very different policy, for which, the majority of the social media lovers were not prepared. Here is a summary of a few updates from 2013.
1. Elders themselves have become social media lovers. Now, if you enter a question on a search engine, you will find at least 2 to 5 contributors of the 40+ age on the first page.
2. Elders are now more interested in the social media like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc. The reason of their interest is that the elders can make new friends, meet old crushes and develop secret love affairs on the social networking sites.
3. According to 2010 reports, Facebook was declared a marriage killer, as it was involved in at least 1 of 5 divorce cases. Till the end of 2012, the number of Facebook involvement in the divorces was 1 in every 3 cases.
4. Parents have adopted alternate sources for keeping their kids and teens away from the social media. Recently, a news says that a father pays $200 per month to his 8 year old girl for NOT using social networking sites.
5. The social media is largely involved in the rising rate of the hypertension and blood pressure around the world. The cases of suicide have increased in youth, however the cases of hypertension, depression and high blood pressure due to the social media have increased in the elders.
Author Bio: Gloria Philips is a regular blogger for a web hosting company. She recommends some best web hosting sites at Hoster Talk.