If you’re in college, you’d probably be worrying about your tuition fees and passing your exams among other things. Creating a LinkedIn profile is possibly the last thing on your mind. But it must not be! LinkedIn can help boost your career when you have completed your studies. Here are 11 good reasons why LinkedIn benefits students. If you are a student and still haven’t set up your LinkedIn account, these ideas will possibly convince you to get started right away.
How LinkedIn Benefits Students
2. Check out the career path available. Find individuals in LinkedIn who are employed in the position you’re interested. Check their profiles and how they became successful.
3. Prepare for a few interviews. If you have jobs or intern interview, you can review the profiles of the interviewers. It will give you some insights about the interviewers’ personality.
4. Have some referrals. Ask mutual acquaintances for introductions.
5. Land internships or jobs while you study. There are companies that offer internship which may benefit you. LinkedIn may help in looking for some common connections to somebody at the place.
6. Get connections from attendees. If you meet some new acquaintance in a conference, take some cards to share with each other.
Ads by Google
7. Share updates with other people. If you have updated your profile or your experiences in LinkedIn , the network is informed automatically about the change. You don’t need to send individual emails about the updates.
8. Expand your resume. Lots of companies prefer to receive resume in one page, which leaves little room for all the details. LinkedIn offers a place for providing that additional information.
9. Join groups. LinkedIn automatically show you groups that you may want to join based on the info given in the profile.
10. Research companies. LinkedIn offers info about various companies. The info will help you learn more about the company and may even help you decide if you can take up a job in that company.
11. Search for work. And lastly, you can make use of LinkedIn to look for jobs. If you click the job link, it will show you compatible profiles. Plus, you can even search for extra job openings.
In the present economy with rising unemployment, hundreds of individuals are competing for a single job opening. If you get on board LinkedIn while you are still a student, you are sure to be ahead of the others. You will have a good networks of associates, and insider info about the people in the area of your expertise. You may land a work that you dream of easily with the assistance of your LinkedIn page. Try to get your account now and be benefited!
Author Bio: I am John S Lam from Test4Prep; it gives 100% MCSA 70-466 exams. Let’s take benefit of Microsoft SharePoint Server 70-573 Exams material efficiently and get guaranteed success. Check out free demo of all certifications Exam.
Ads by Google