To make the best out of YouTube, you need to set up a personal YouTube account. Your personal YouTube account will allow you to upload videos, save your favorite videos, create playlists and join groups and communities and comment on videos you like or dislike. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to create a YouTube account so that you can upload and share your favorite videos with the world. YouTube is owned by Google. So, if you have a Google account, you can use that account to log onto the YouTube site.
How to Create A YouTube Account
These simple steps will get you started with setting up a YouTube Account:
1. Go to the home page http://www.youtube.com
2. Click the Create Account link at the very top of the page.
You are now taken to the Get started with your account page.
3. Fill in a username and other details as requested (postal code, gender, location and date of birth).
5. Add YouTube to your existing Google account (if you have one) or create a new Google account.
If you create a new Google account, YouTube sends a confirmation message to your email address. Click the link in this
email to confirm your subscription.
Your YouTube account is now active.
The best thing about YouTube is that it is very easy to customize it to your own liking. Customizing your YouTube homepage means adding and removing specific content modules. To modify the content of YouTube’s home page, follow the simple steps given in this tutorial.
How to Customize YouTube
1. Sign into YouTube
2. Click the Add/Remove Modules link.
3. When the Customize Home Page appears, as shown below, select the check box for those modules you want to display and uncheck those you don’t want on the homepage.
4. Click the Save Changes button.
5. Click the YouTube logo to return to the homepage to view the changes.
These simple steps will help you customize your YouTube home page.
Uploading a Video to YouTube
While uploading a video to YouTube is quite easy, there may be some of you who are not too familiar with the process. So here’s a YouTube tutorial to help you learn how to upload your videos to YouTube.
1. Once you are logged in to your YouTube account, click the Upload link that is displayed to the right of the Search text box.
2. In the Video File Upload section, click Upload video.
Note: Ensure that the video is not more than 15 minutes long and is less than 2GB in size.
3. The File Upload dialog box is displayed. Select the file you want to upload and click Open to start the video upload.
4. Give it a few minutes to upload. While the file is uploading, you can enter details about the video.
- In the Title text box, enter the title. This usually takes the video name by default.
- In the Description text box, enter a description about the video.
- In the Tags text box, enter the tags that users will use to search for the video.
- From the Category, drop down list select a desired category.
- Select the privacy option as required.
5. Click Save changes. A screen will be displayed indicating the status of the upload.
Now that you learned how to upload your videos to YouTube, let the world see what you have to offer.
How to Edit YouTube Videos
1. Login to YouTube using your Google credentials.
2. At the top-right corner of the page, from your Account name drop-down list, select Videos.
3. On the My Videos & Playlists section, choose the video you want to edit and in that video section, click Edit video.
4. You can trim, add effects, and swap audio from the free library using the tabbed options at the top left of the video. You can also rotate videos, remove shaky camera motions, and modify the contrast and colors. You can get a 1-click color correction by hitting the I’m Feeling Lucky button.
Once you have made all the changes, you can do a quick preview and then click Save. Changes made will not reflect immediately and you cannot make further changes until all the current edits are completely processed, so ensure you’ve made all the changes the first time you edit the video.
Or you might have to wait a few minutes! If you don’t like the changes made, you can always revert to the original version. Additionally, you can save the edits in a new video and test out multiple versions. However, if your video has over 1,000 views or third-party content, you can only save the edited video as a new one.
Leave a Reply