The evolution of information is very fast and now-a-days its security has been compromised a little due to the presence of outsiders known as hackers, to keep the information safe is always a top priority in any organization. The constant access to the corporate network, the attack involving computer delete and / or subtract, for malicious purposes, they carry a risk of vulnerability to which every organization should pay their attention. The Internet is a great business tool, but identity theft, viruses and online fraud threaten business as well as home users. Prevention is better than cure, so it is always better to plan ahead. Here are some guidelines how you can keep your company info secure from hackers.
How to Keep your Company Info Secure from Hackers
1. Make a plan: Consider integrally IT security, which includes hardware, software, personnel and policies. Think about how you will react to a problem.
2. Strengthen security: Theft is more common than hacking activity, so it is worth ensuring that their computers are secure, using, for example, cable locks and indelible ink markers.
3. Protect your computers: Obtain and install antivirus software on all your computers. Install a new operating system, antivirus and application updates as they become available. Some manufacturers include software security on new computers. Download the drivers and the latest HP software.
4. Control access to data: Do not ignore internal threats – a disgruntled former employee may do as much damage to your company as a thief. Protect critical information by restricting access based on a rule of “need to know”.
5. Give staff clear guidelines: An acceptable use policy is an essential guideline for employees. See a lawyer or a Human Resources Specialist.
6. Train your personnel: Make sure your staff understands their policies, security risks and how to be careful if any security breaches take place. The personnel should be provided adequate training to face such un-planned events.
7. Encrypt data on laptops: Unfortunately, it is easy to lose a laptop or having it stolen. HP Business notebooks feature HP ProtectTools; you can encrypt your hard drive to prevent thieves from accessing your data.
8. Perform regular backups: Perform regular backups and store offsite. Many HP computers come with an administrator Business Free backup and recovery of HP, which will help.
9. Be wary of online fraud: If something seems too good to be true, it probably is false. Do not be a victim of online scam
10. Take advice well: An HP Preferred Partner can give help and advice on IT security. HP also offers extensive online advice on protecting your computer.
Any information security services business is a service aimed for both small and large companies, and the company you choose should know the importance of information security and they should have a very impressive track record.
Tips for hiring a security service business information.
- Hire a company with information security related experience like Checkmarx.com.
- Make sure your provider is reliable when it comes to having access to inside information.
- Contract with a company that can provide your business full support and also confidentiality of your sensitive information.