Slideshows are used as a visual means of presenting various instructional or artistic materials to a group of people. Slide shows are used a lot in colleges and Universities for presenting course works to the entire class. A slideshow is a very powerful tool which manipulates visual and audio assimilations that work as a backup for an oral presentation. This process helps to capture the attention of its viewers in order to give a clearer depiction of the subject that is being presented. Most persons are visual learners and so will tend to have a clearer depiction of a topic if it can be associated with something they can actually see. Most presenters use projectors to display the visual onto a larger screen or background surface which allows more persons to see the presentation much clearly than having to view it through a regular and much smaller computer monitor. In this post lets take a look at how to make a slide show.
Tools to Make a Slide Show
How to Make a Slide Show
- One of the easiest programs to use to create a slide show is Microsoft Office PowerPoint which comes with Microsoft Office Suite. If the PowerPoint application isn’t already installed on your computer then you can download a trial version at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ and then later on you can purchase a full version.
- Decide on what type of presentation you want to have. Begin to jot down the details of the slide show and have an idea of the images that will help to get the message you intend to get across.
- Use Google.com to search for a variety of images that you need to add to your slideshow. And create a folder on your desktop where you can save them all so they can all be found in one place.
- Search for PowerPoint and click its icon on your desktop. If the icon is not on your desktop then click Start and then navigate to Microsoft Office and select Microsoft Office PowerPoint. Click File or the Microsoft Office icon to the top left of the application and select New and open up a blank document.
- Look to the left side of PowerPoint and create the number of slides you think you need and choose the layout of each on what is known as a storyboard. Then begin to arrange the order of each slide in terms of how you would like the pictures to be presented along with its title, subtitle and caption texts for each slide. You can play with different fonts and colors to add vibrancy to the slide show. Pay attention to time and how the transition is made from one picture to the next. Feel free to run a lot of experiments on the pictures to bring out your creativity, you can choose to rotate them and adjust the colors to add variation to the slide.
- Now choose the kind of background music “” if any “” that you wish to go along with the pictures. Go to insert and click sound and search your computer for the audio file you want to place in the presentation. You may also record and add your very own vocal recordings if necessary.
- Once your PowerPoint slide show presentation is complete then save a permanent copy with a name that you will remember into the folder that you can easily access, preferably the folder that was used to save the pictures. This way it will be much easier to find if you need it for a later time.
Tips & Warnings
- Choose background music that compliments the mood and theme of the slide show. The music you choose can have a profound effect on your viewers and can be used as a great tool to attract more attention from your viewers.
- Slideshows are very convenient because they can be uploaded to your email then downloaded to any computer system and presented at any location you wish. There are also systems in place that allows a group of persons to setup a conference over the internet and present it to different viewers in different countries across the world.
- Windows movie maker is also a great alternative solution for creating slideshows.
Write a guest post about Microsoft PowerPoint on theapptimes.com and:
Ads by Google
- Get Targeted Visitors For Free
- Get Essential Backlinks
- Build your Reputation
Please read our Guest Blogging Guidelines and share your views with our readers.