Mac gives you advance and fancy features to view and edit your photographs and this is the reason why most of the professional photographers prefer this Operating System (OS). Moreover, Mac is one of those operating systems that are rarely contaminated by viruses. However, despite these advantages of Mac, many times these professional photographers come across devastating situation of photo loss. Although use of professional Mac photo recovery software can do the needful for them, if they use the tool timely, but it is always recommended to observe certain precautions in order to avoid photo loss in future.
Tips to Avoid Photo Loss
Mentioned below is the list of precautions that a user must observe in order to avoid photo loss from his computer, camera cards, and other image storing devices like pen drive, or external hard drive.
- Always maintain backup of your crucial image files.
- Avoid haphazard ways of handling your Mac and digital camera as this may cause accidental deletion of photos.
- Think twice before deleting any image file from your camera or Mac.
- Do not use your digital camera in low battery mode.
- Do not format your camera card, if it is corrupt and causing inaccessibility of your stored image files.
- Do not pull out the memory card of your camera without switching the camera off. If you want to take out your camera card, then switch the camera off, wait for 5-10 seconds and then eject the card.
- Never perform improper ejection of camera card from your Mac. That means before taking out your camera card from your Mac, make sure that the card has finished the data transferring process.
- Always leave space for some (around 5 photos) shots on your camera card. Filling the camera card up to its maximum limit can corrupt the card and cause photo loss.
Following above mentioned tips help you to avoid photo loss. However, if you have encountered such situations and lost your photos, then stop using your affected storage media (whether it is your Mac, camera card, or other data storage device) until the photo recovery software performs the recovery.
What Photo Recovery Software Can Do:
An efficient photo recovery software has below mentioned features:
- It can recover your lost, deleted, or inaccessible photos.
- Most of the efficient photo recovery tools have simple intuitive user interface, which is easy to use by a non-technical computer user.
- Generally, all reliable Mac photo recovery software provide free demo version of their tool. You can get to know about the features and functionalities of the software by the demo version and after getting satisfied by the demo, you can purchase the license of the software.
- Moreover, an efficient photo recovery software is available separately for Mac and Windows users so that you can select the one according to the OS used in your computer.
Photo loss is unexpected and can occur at any moment. However, you can avoid photo loss by following the aforementioned precautions and overcome the loss (if occurred) with the help of an efficient photo recovery tool. It is always wise to keep one photo recovery tool handy, so that in any instance of photos, videos, or other multimedia data loss, you can instantly recover them and avoid any difficult situation that would have occurred due to this loss of data.
Author Bio: Tom, owns a Mac and has a dedicated volume for tons of his photographs and videos. At times when a data loss situation occurs, a lay user hardly knows what step to begin with-the reason why he is sharing this information for regaining lost photos/videos on Mac with the help of photo recovery tool.