There are plenty of alarm clocks on the App Stores and we’ve shared a list of our favorite ones on the site as well. There are some pretty standard ones that simply do the job they were intended for, and there are some creative apps like Wave Alarm and Snap me Up that make you go an extra mile to ensure you are up on time every morning.
Microsoft’s Garage Project has come out with an innovative alarm app that forces you to play a game called Mimic to dismiss the alarm. If you need a really sound wake up call every morning, check out Mimicker Alarm.
Mimicker Alarm works by asking you to mimic the action it displays on the screen. For example, the alarm app may ask that you wake up and snap a selfie, or speak a certain phrase or tongue twister, or even get out of bed.
Each of the actions are designed to make sure you are alert and smart and that you use your surroundings to complete the action. Only when you have successfully completed the mimic action, the alarm will be dismissed.
Ads by Google
You cannot dodge this alarm because if you don’t finish the game on time, the app will assume you have fallen back to sleep and will start ringing again. Once the action is completed, you can even share the results with your friends to give them a head’s up on how to beat the clock.
Features of Mimicker Alarm
- First run experience to help you learn the app
- Alarm customization for time, day, ringtone, snooze and Mimic
- Multiple Mimics to wake up with: Match the expression, capture the color, complete the tongue twister, or shuffle between all three
- Personalized images you can share with friends after each alarm
- Set recurring alarms to go off on a daily or weekly basis and choose the type of challenge for each alarm.
Mimicker Alarm is available on Google Play as a free download.