Windows 8 is full of features that can perplex even the most experienced PC users. However, one can’t say that all are bad, there are some intuitive features as well. The main problem for the perplexity is that, the OS was originally planned for touch control, so the conventional mouse clicks doesn’t seem to be a user-friendly option to this one. But wait! Help is not too far away! We have prepared a list of some easy Windows 8 tips, tricks, shortcuts and easy workarounds. By learning the following shortcut hot commands, your interest for touch gestures will increase manifold. All right folks! Let us dive into the world of Windows 8 shortcut commands.
In the following key combinations, just hold the windows key located between the Ctrl key and Alt Key and the other key that is mentioned below.
Top Windows 8 Tips & Tricks
Play with the hot keys you know:
· If you want to land up on the Start Screen, just hit the ‘Windows’ key on your keyboard
· Press Windows and ‘M’ key to minimize the number of applications that show up on your desktop
· To gain quick access to the folders through Explorer, press the Windows and ‘E’ key on your keyboard
· To get to the desktop instantly, just hit ‘Windows’ + D on the Start screen
· To view the currently running tasks in your system, just hit ‘Windows’ + Tab
· To take a screenshot of a page, hit ‘Windows’ + Print Scrn. Once you do so, a screenshot of the page will automatically be saved on the Pictures folder
· If you want to generate a screenshot of a page on your Windows 8 powered tablet, just press ‘Windows’ and volume-down button on your keyboard
· To open a global search menu on your system, press ‘Windows’ + the ‘Q’ key. On the search menu, you can find the relevant information by typing in what you would like to look for and from where you are looking for
· If you want to quickly alter your system properties, all you need to do is, click on ‘Windows’ + the ‘W’ key on your keyboard
· To open a new search for a file or folder, press the ‘Windows’ + ‘F ‘ key
· To view the important specs in the system properties page, hit the Windows + Pause key simultaneously
· Pressing the Windows and “,” keys (the symbol inside double quotes represents a coma), you can make the ongoing windows operation transparent. Thus you can quickly view the desktop content until you hold the Windows and comma keys
· The ‘Windows’ and “.” (Period) keys can be used to toggle/move a task either to the right or left of the page
· The ‘Run’ command gives you quick access to a particular application. To execute the ‘Run’ command in a second, press the ‘Windows’ + ‘R’ key on your keyboard. Once you get the box, you can enter the command that you want to execute and click ‘Ok’ to gain access to it
· Hitting the ‘Windows’ + ‘X’ key gives instant access to ‘Quick Menu’ which exposes various functionalities such as File Explorer, Command Prompt, Run, Disk Management etc. Another easy shortcut to access the ‘Quick menu’ is to right-click on the right bottom corner of the screen
· Press the ‘Windows’ + ‘I’ keys simultaneously to gain access to the setting menu which encompasses various functionalities such as Control Panel, Power button etc.
Author Bio: This guest post has been brought to you by Robin Mckenzie of Buycenturylink, a site that offers savings and current information on consumers’ broadband internet and cable. With a reliable internet service provider, you get top-speed internet, excellent value, and award-winning security.