It is always an exciting time when a new phone is set for launch. Our good old trusty smartphone suddenly feels old and unfashionable. We want to hold that shiny new smartphone in our hands and feel good. If you’re like that, you’ll be excited with Samsung’s latest offering – the Galaxy S20 series. It consists of the Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra with 5G support (in select markets). In this post, we take a closer look at the features, price and specifications of the Samsung Galaxy S20.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Features and Specifications
The Samsung Galaxy S20 features a 6.2-inch QHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2x display, which is nice upgrade over previous models. The phone also has a new higher screen resolution of 3200 x 1440.
The phone also has a stunning 120 Hz refresh rate, which does a fine job of making everything look smoother and faster on its stunning screen, whether you are browsing through Twitter or playing an action game.
Samsung is only one of two U.S phones with such a high refresh rate and the only phone with QHD+ resolution.
The one feature upgrade that everyone looks forward to in any new smartphone is the camera. And the S20 doesn’t disappoint in that department with a brand new camera system with AI capabilities and its biggest image sensor yet.
At the back of the S20 is an impressive triple-camera system with a 12MP ultra-wide camera, 12MP wide angle camera and a 64MP telephoto camera. An Advanced Zoom feature uses a combination of Hybrid Optic Zoom and Super Resolution Zoom to allow zooming in up to 30 times to take close up shots without losing image quality.
The large sensor on the camera delivers crisp bright photos in low light, and it works even brighter in Night mode. It can capture multiple shots and merge them into one photo with less blur and noise.
The front 10MP selfie camera lets you take clear selfies that stand out.
You can take advantage of popular features like HDR, photo and video Bokeh, super Slo-mo, 4K UHD, HDR10+ recording, AR Doodle, 3D scanner, and Quick Measure to make your captures more creative.
With the innovative Single Take Photo feature, just pan the phone around while it records several photos and videos. It will then recommend the best shots for you to save. Plus, you can make use of Live Focus effects such as Artify, Mono, Side light, and Vintage and a new Glitch effect for Live Focus Video.
For video captures, the S20 offers the highest resolution on a smartphone, going all the way from 4K to 8K. You can even take photos out of your video recordings for crisp clear 33MP shots.
A sophisticated anti-rolling stabilizer lets you take smooth videos without shakes and blurs, just like you would on an action camera, or when using a gimbal.
The Galaxy S20 comes with 128GB of internal storage expandable up to 2 TB.
The Galaxy S20 supports fast charging of up to 25W and is backed by a 4,000mAh battery. For wireless charging, the phone support Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 up to 15 W.
The Galaxy S20 comes with powerful mobile security features via Knox that protects the device from the chip level through to the software level. The new, secure processor also protects against hardware-based attacks.
Tech Specs – Galaxy S20
- Screen size: 6.2 inches
- Screen Resolution: 3200 X 1440 pixels (Dynamic AMOLED 2X)
- Camera: Front camera – 10MP, Dual Pixel AF, F2.2(80?); Rear camera – Triple camera; Ultra Wide: 12MP, F2.2(120?); Wide-angle: 12MP, F1.8(79?); Super Speed Dual Pixel AF, OIS; Telephoto: 64MP, PDAF F2.0(76?), OIS
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9mm; Weight: 163g
- Processor: – Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 with 7nm 64-bit Octa-Core Processor
- Memory: 5G: 12GB RAM with 128GB internal storage; LTE: 8GB RAM with 128GB internal storage
- Expandable Memory & SIM: Single SIM model: one Nano SIM and one MicroSD slot (up to 1TB); Dual SIM model (Hybrid SIM slot): one Nano SIM and one Nano SIM or one MicroSD slot (up to 1TB)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax; Bluetooth: 5.1; NFC: yes
- Battery: 4000mAh
- OS: Android 10
- Sensors: Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor, Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor
- Audio: Stereo speakers and Earphones sound by AKG; Surround sound with Dolby Atmos technology
What’s in the Box?
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- USB Type-C Cable
- Power Adapter (25W)
- AKG USB-C Earbuds
- SIM Tray Ejector
- Welcome Letter
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Information
- Clear Cover
- Protective Film
Galaxy S20 Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S20 will be available in shades of Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, Cloud Pink for $999. You can preorder the new Galaxy S20 on Samsung.com. The phones will become available starting March 6th.
Also Read: Awesome Samsung Galaxy S20 Cases to Show Off Your New Smartphone
Leave a Reply