If you use Office 2010 on your Windows 7 PC, you are most likely to have Outlook configured as your default email client. If you need to send a Word document from your PC to a client using Gmail, then you use tools such as Affixa to get the job done.In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to set up Gmail as the default email client in Windows 7 using the tool Affixa.
Affixa is a tool that integrates Gmail with Windows 7, and provides a host of additional features such as Yahoo! Mail integration, file attachments, mailto links and more. The personal version is free, but you can also subscribe to the paid version if you want additional features. In this tutorial, you will learn how to configure Gmail as your default email client in Windows 7.
PC running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 2003 or 2008.
.NET Framework 2.0
How to Set Up Gmail as the Default Email Client in Windows 7
1. Download and install Affixa. Run the exe file and use the Wizard to set up Affixa.
2. In the Auto-start message box, check the required options and click OK.
3. Ensure that Affixa is set as the default mail application. The Affixa icon will be displayed in the notification area.
4. In the Affixa – Options dialog box, click Add and select Gmail.
Ads by Google
5. In the Account Settings dialog box, in the username text box, enter your Gmail user account and password. Select the Extras tab and in the Name text box, type a default name for your Gmail account and click OK.
6. Click OK to close the Affixa – Options dialog box.
The next time you want to send your Word document directly to your Gmail account, simply click the Affixa icon in the notification area, and in the Affixa window, drag or copy paste the desired files and click Email.
The message is now saved as a draft in your Gmail account. Enter the email recipients, message and signature and hit the Send button.
Affixa is pretty easy to install and is a great tool for those looking to use Gmail instead of Outlook in Windows 7.
Do you use Gmail as your default email client when working with Windows 7? Does this tool simplify the task of sending email directly from Windows 7 to your Gmail account? Send us your views.