When you’re collaborating with one or more people and use Outlook as your email client, scheduling meetings and sharing your Calendar may become a routine task. Outlook lets you share your Outlook calendar in three ways, by email, sharing via Microsoft Exchange servers, and by publishing the calendar online. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to share your Outlook Calendar by email.
How to Share your Outlook Calendar by Email
To share your Outlook Calendar by email:
1. Navigate to the Calendar View.
2. On the Home tab, in the Share group, click E-mail Calendar.
3. In the Send a Calendar via E-mail dialog box, from the Calendar drop-down list, select the calendar that you want to send.
4. In the Date Range box, select the period that you want the calendar to show.
5. From the Details drop-down list, select the level of details you want to share.
6. Select any other option such as setting and displaying the working hours that you want and then click OK.
Calendars that you share via email will be delivered to the recipient’s Inbox as an attachment along with a snapshot of the calendar in the message body. You can also edit the Calendar snapshot by changing the font or highlighting specific dates or appointments before sending it to your recipients.
The recipient of the Outlook Calendar can open the calendar snapshot in Outlook. This will display both the Calendar snapshot as well as the recipient’s current calendar side-by-side or in the calendar overlay mode.
This is the simplest and easiest way of sharing calendars with other users. Have you shard your Outlook calendar with other users via email?