Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you shift+deleted data on your PC only to realize that it was a HUGE mistake? Or maybe you inadvertently downloaded a virus on your PC that happily wiped out all the data on your hard drive? There are plenty of good reasons why you might lose data that is extremely important to you.
Instead of fretting over it and spending a load of money hiring data recovery services to undo the damage, you can make use of professional data recovery software to get you data back. In this post, we are going to look at how one of the best file recovery software solutions in the market, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free can help you effortlessly recover deleted data.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 8.6 Review
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can recover deleted data as well as files from damaged disks, formatted disks, memory cards and storage devices. It can also help you recover RAW data and data from a hard disk crash. The software supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS/NTFS5 file systems. What it cannot do though is recover data that has been written over.
Installation and Setup
Installing and setting up the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free edition is pretty straightforward. You download the EXE file in a drive where the data has not been lost and run the wizard. Watch out for any additional add-ons that get automatically installed though.
I make use of a tool called Unchecky which prevents any unwanted tool bars from getting added during installation so it did prevent one item from getting automatically installed. Once the installation is complete, you are taken to the Home page, which displays options that can be scanned – graphics, audio, document, video, email and other files.These options are automatically preselected for you.
How to Recover Deleted Data Using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free
- Points to note before starting the recovery process
1. Do not install the software on the same drive where you need to recover data from. This will cause deleted data to be overwritten making it impossible for recovery.
2. If you plan to recover contents of a hard drive or partition, make sure you have a storage device with enough space to store the recovered data.
To perform a quick recovery of deleted files here’s what you need to do.
1. Choose the file types on the Home screen. You can deselect options you don't want.
2. Select the drives where you lost the data and click Scan.
3. Preview the results of the scan and select the files that were lost. You can also filter your search by file name, type, and date to find files quickly.
4. Click Recover.
5. Save the files in a fresh new location. Do not save them in the same location from where it was lost.
If you are not able to find the lost files via this Quick Scan process, you can go for a more thorough search with Deep Scan.
- Tip: If you want a more detailed step by step guide on how to recover deleted files in windows 7 you can check out the guide by clicking the link.
The free edition of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard lets you only recover up to 1024 MB of data. If you share the software (look for the sharing options at the bottom of the window) on your social network, you can pick up an additional 1GB of data. If 2GB doesn't cut it for you, you can pick up any one of the higher end versions that are available at the EaseUS website.
- Allows data recovery from formatted hard drive, deletions, partition loss, power surge/loss crashes, virus attacks and wrong operations.
- Supports internal and external hard drives, USB Drives, memory card, digital camera, mobile phone, music player and other storage media.
- Lets you can recover pictures, videos, audio, emails, documents.
- Easy to use - recovery in 3 straightforward steps.
- You can pause and continue the recovery later.
- The free edition attempts to install bundleware.
- You have a data recovery limit of 2GB.
- The free edition does not allow for recovery of data after system crash, if computer OS won't boot or if you have other boot problems.
- Although the tool works pretty quick, it does tend to slow down depending on the size of your storage device and speed of the processor.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free is an ideal solution for anyone (even without experience) who wants to recover files up to a limit of 2GB. You can certainly give the free version a try and see if your deleted files are viewable in the Preview window. If your files are available for recovery, it will then make sense to upgrade to a higher end version for full recovery.
If you are struggling to recover deleted data don’t hesitate to give EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free a try. It is a reliable, easy to use data recovery program that we are happy to recommend.
Check out the EaseUS website for more information.
Leave a Reply