Currency trading has seen many people either make their fortune or lose a bundle of cash. It was only a few years ago that the average person could trade from the comfort of their own home, via a multitude of online trading platforms. However, it was often difficult to stay in the know and have up to the second information at your fingertips. With that being said, it seems as though a great iPhone app has been created to ensure you stay ahead of the crowd.
The XE Currency app has a free and pro (paid) edition and allows you to convert every world currency. In fact, there are over 180 currencies for you to convert via the app. Just in case you were wondering what the difference between the free and the pro version are, well there’s only two – the pro version has absolutely no advertisements and allows you to simultaneously monitor 20 currencies (10 with the free version).
You will find live rates and the last updated rates can also be stored via the app. In essence this is a currency calculator with a vast number of additional features. The app has now been downloaded over 14 million times. It has previously held the position of “app of the week” on iTunes and has been featured by a number of high profile media platforms, including the BBC, CNN, the LA Times and the Travel Channel.
XE Currency Features
– You will find every world currency inside the app, as well as precious metals. The rates will refresh every minute.
– You have over 30,000 charts to look through for historic currency rates.
– You have the ability to calculate prices with the currency converter, as well as being able to rate high & lows over various time frames around the world.
Ads by Google
– In order to reset rates simply shake your iPad or iPhone.
– You can change the frequency of currency updates to something more suitable for yourself.
– You have the ability to turn the currency symbols on and off, as well as pinning your base currency to the top of the screen.
– You don’t require Internet access and can convert prices whilst offline.
XE Currency: Availability
Both the free and pro app can be found in the Travel category of iTunes. It is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and will require an operating system of iOS 4.3 or later. The app is available in English, French and Korean and the latest update provided a sharing facility and improved the landscape charts. The free app, of course, doesn’t cost any money and the pro app is available for $1.99. The app has also received a huge number of ratings and pretty much every single one is a five-star rating. So, if currency trading is your business or even just a hobby you should find the XE currency app extremely useful.
Author Bio: Sandra Martin is a blogger and a tech guru. She has a fascination for technology and enjoys writing on financial planning. Her interest in these fields has led her to develop a free stock charting software which is quite popular.
Ads by Google